Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jewelcrafting

Hello dear readers,

today I'm going to list my best JC gems and why I choose to not bother with the other ones.
Most of the Epic (rarity) gems seem to be decent, even though I'm far from having all the JC recipes, my sales are flying through the roof.
Today will be about my 3 best sellers: Cardinal RubyKing's Amber & Majestic Zircon

Cardinal Rubies almost all sell really well, but I stick to the pure DPS/Healing ones:


King's Amber sells decently too, a tad less well than Cardinal Rubies, but certainly worth your time.
All King's Amber have selling potential, however I currently am only selling 4 of them:

Majestic Zircon has a decent sell rate, though there's a very small selection of designs for this one, at least ¼ of it is a decent seller.
Yet I sell two of these beauties so far, the other 2 haven't been doing well back when there still were blue gems.

The reason for Solid Majestic Zircon might be clear to most of you, most tanks and certain PvP character use this as their default gem.
The Stormy Majestic Zircon has it's uses in PvP, to bypass resistance, a lot of classes have skills that are somehow magic based and thus the few gems that are needed to bypass the resistances could be mandatory in higher arena teams.

So this is the list of gems that sell really well for me, I'm easily able to invest 20k and get the 20k back within a week and even end up with more profit.
Gems are easy to flip, in abundance on (AV/PvP) weekends and quite fast selling.

That's it for today, keep your copper coins rolling.

4 comments:

  1. On my server gems are screwy. They can be undercut down to 80g Cut one day, with no sales, then jump to 325g in a day or two and a few will sell. The market is all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am somewhat able to control the market for the majority, but there are times they dive under my 'to undercut' price range.
    I just let the gems sell out and repost once it's above my personal threshold again.

    At times if it's profitable I just buy out all the cheap stuff and relist them and watch out with posting when it approaches the 5-10g above my investment price.

    Long term people notice me buying out loads and sell to me directly cheap, adding another advantage in the JC market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cheating yourself by skipping the secondary epic gem market. On my server, the margin on the primary epic gems (Card, King, Maj) is about 20g per cut. For Ametrines, I usually buy for 50g - 60g and sell for 100g. Double or more the profit of the primaries. Some cuts never sell, but as I've gotten closer to 100% epic gem cut coverage, I've often been suprised by which secondaries sell consistently and for very good profit margins. My biggest problem with the primary market has been high cost of supply. I have yet to find a consistent raw epic gem supplier who can supply me at discount prices. I have had no trouble, though, finding suppliers to sell me secondary epics at really low prices. What is your process for aquiring adequate supplies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. PvP weekends are my main ways of supplies.
    People unload their honor in ways of gems all the time, both primary and secondary gems.

    I buy up all gems during those days under a specific price (most of the time 85-90% market price or lower).
    Investment could be 20-30k in a few hours, but that will allow me to able to dominate the market.

    And I choose to not write out the secondary gems with a reason, I've picked these gems through trial and error, see which sell and which don't.
    The secondary market is even more variable and is hard to say. I've been on different realms and certain gems don't sell on one and sell all the time on my other realm.

    I will, however, consider making a post of gems I am currently posting besides the primary ones.

    Thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete