Thursday, July 29, 2010

Insane in the Membrane

Insane or just clever, that's the question and today I'm going to try to answer it.

I'll admit, I'm one of those foolish people trying to grind that achievement, but casually..
Every time Darkmoon Faire comes by, I try to get as much decks as possible for a reasonable price and sell the cards, but lately, the decks are more expensive than the cards, which results in a loss.

I want to make money, not loose it, not even for an achievement that might be removed in Cataclysm(rumour says it will be).
Prices of the materials for Darkmoon Faire are relatively low during the weeks it's not up, that's when I'm stockpiling it and making a ton of cards & decks.
My mini buy list is this:
Northrend Herbs
- Eternal Life

And that's all I need! I (ab)use my automated milling technique and then just create all decks that I can right after.
Which has lead me to a point that I don't auction Snowfall Ink, but use it to craft decks instead and I have to admit I'm fairly lucky so far with almost 1/5th being Nobles Decks, and Agility/Strength Greatness still selling for 3.5-4k gold each, which keeps me in the profit range by far.
When and if I include the other decks that sell(slowly...), I'm making money out of 'grinding' the Insane title, that's Insane! or brilliant, it's all the same to me.

I'd also like to mention that Cold has made a really nice master-craftables-list, including items that can be produced to sell during the Darkmoon Faire!
Read, absorb the info and use it wisely, stock up and sell in appropriate quantities.

And last but not least, I'd like to ask you, are there any other ways you made a profit doing the Insane in the Membrane achievement or any other achievements?
And don't forget, keep that copper coin rolling!


P.S. Sunday 1st of August 2010 is when Darkmoon Faire arrives again.

1 comment:

  1. I heard the rumor was they *didn't* want to change Insane in the Membrane.

    ReplyDelete