Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Gold Forums

Today Markco features WoW Confidential's Paid WoW Gold Forum and honestly, I was interested in the forum straight away.
My reason is that WoW Confidential got my attention because of the millionaires when I was still trying to find my way into making decent cash on the AH or ju st generally in-game.
I'm really curious about all the juicy stories and well described and worked out information that lurks in that forum, but sadly, my wallet doesn't permit me doing so (students got a hard time you know).

No worries though for those who feel disappointed, Markco also has been so kind to host a free WoW Gold Forum, namely the JMTC Forums.
The JMTC Forums also contains a few millionaires and has tons of useful (free!) information, helpful players and a dedicated community behind to help you and themselves to get more out of this game.
The JMTC Forums are up for quite a while now, a bit over a year I thought, so they contain a lot of useful information, waiting for you to absorb it and put the info into some action.

Now I'd like to know from you readers out there, have you ever paid for gold guides, forums or anything besides the monthly fee to play game, to enhance your game play?
If you did, was it worth it? If you didn't, why not? Found useful (and free?) information elsewhere or what the reason behind your choices, let us know.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that I'm going to try to create a glyph wall on my realm, I already got most if not all of my competitors move to my AH town (Undercity) just to hear them whining I post my glyphs too cheap (I'm still selling glyphs around 50-100g every day).
But now that I found out that they're basically all of them are frustrated by my actions, I'm going to mess things up, or try to.
5g fallback, 3g50s threshold (possibly dropping it to 3g) and undercutting with 1s, everything below my own price will be bought up and relisted.

I am considering to use a new add-on to make this possible during the peak hours of glyph selling (raid hours), it's a new add-on that Zerotorescue quickly put together while I was chatting with him on the JMTC IRC Channel.
The add-on is called: Quick Auctions Poster, what it does is it will scan and repost if you're undercut (it does not cancel and neither will it get mail, run to the mailbox or any other things, it will purely repost if you're undercut).
Wow Confidential also featured this fantastic add-on on their website, you can find the link here: http://www.wowconfidential.com/wow-addons/automatically-undercut-auctions-with-quick-auctions/

More about this when I've actually started my glyph war, I still earn decently with my Darkmoon Faire trinkets, off-hands and runescrolls. The vellums are used by my Enchanter, so I can afford a little glyph war for a while.
The 5k ink supply could keep me up for a while and I'm dominating the herb market by keeping the price above 20g per stack, while I'm buying everything up ranging from 8-19g per stack.
I'm mass purchasing with Auctionator, I can't live without to keep those markets under control.

While I'm milling I'm watching some TV shows, recently started a new one, I'll have to catch up on 50 episodes, which means enough milling time spend 'useful'!

That was all for today, a bit more than I originally intended, but I hope it still provides enough useful and somewhat entertaining information.

2 comments:

  1. I just read Markco's review of the Wow Confidential forum. Funny that his link is a referral link (he gets paid if people sign up).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not linking with a referral link, I'm just informing people of the possible useful forum.
    The fact only a handful people will be willing to subscribe for it means the community stays slim and thus the information will be kept among a select amount of people.

    The JMTC forums is free and available for everyone, with methods, add-ons and such used by everyone(who reads that forum).

    I leave the choice up to the readers whether they(you) want to subscribe and find out what so special about wow confidential's forum.

    ReplyDelete