Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mining, the other crafting profession

Now that I have leveled my prot warrior to 80, I decided I could use a miner and I choose this character to become my mining slave till 450.

On my adventure to level mining time/cost efficient I saw that ores were cheaper than the bars, once the materials were obtained past the initial leveling zones.
I used the auction house to level up my mining as I do with almost any other profession, gold boosting it.
But I made a profit instead, I was boosting my gold with my 'gathering' profession instead of boosting my profession with gold, it was amazing.

So much people seem to just read what items they need and if it's on the AH for a bit cheaper than the next, they immediately buy the bars up, even if it costs 120g for a stack!
I used this to my advantage, ores were most of the time 10-30% cheaper than the bars and because I had to level mining anyway, I simply bought out all the ores, pressed the create all button and did things in real life.
The most profitable 3 minutes of my wow career, it has been well spend and now I have reached 450 mining (saronite gathering was a bit blergh I'd have to admit), I will use this way of making profit more often.

The downside of doing this kind of flipping is that you'll have to manually check the prices, auctioneer doesn't really have a category for it (yet).
Profit is profit so it's always worth a try.
I realise this isn't entirely new information, but refreshment is needed at times.

Instead of using mining as a gathering profession, it very well can be a really good crafting profession!

Go forth and roll your copper coin (ore?) and amass your desired gold goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment